Monday, August 16, 2010

Camera Obscura - Park Bench

We go out and spend money on state of the art photography equipment and then spend more money on more equipment  try to make our pictures look old. Does anyone else see the irony in this?

This was taken yesterday at Parc Île Bizard using a Pin Hole Camera Obscura attachment. It is basically using your camera without a lens but a cover with a pin hole to let light in. When I did photography with film (in the olden days) I would build pin hole cameras out of toilet paper holders and shoe boxes and use photo enlarging paper as my film.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camera_obscura

I would love to read your comments on this technique.

Park Benches – Camera Obscura

2 comments:

Montreal Glamour And Family Portait Studio by Hera Bell said...

I see you bought Frank's lens. And added noise.

I am happy you are in experimental mode Morrie.

Morrie Portnoff said...

Thanks Hera, with the right subject matter this can (IMHO) can be very effective. So stay tune for more experimental images.